The Redings Mill Fire District launched a Fire Corp program in January 2012. This program allows volunteers to assist the Fire District in a non-emergency role. Often when large emergencies happen, we need additional staff in order to get the job done. Instead of pulling our firefighting staff from the field to complete duties at the station or Emergency Operations Center, we will use Fire Corp members to complete these important tasks. Under Fire Corp, opportunities are endless for assisting the public and the Redings Mill Firefighters. We will be training staff in the following areas:
- Emergency Operations Center/Emergency Management
- Firefighter Rehabilitation at fire scenes
- Assist with Public Education Programs
- Assist with Firewise Communities Program
- Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT)
- Administrative Assistance
So if you want to be a part of Redings Mill Fire District but fire and smoke isn’t your game we have a program for you too! Contact Fire Chief Steve Coats if you’re interested in applying or fill out the contact form below!